Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thing #10


http://www.dumpr.net/

http://www.comicstripgenerator.com/

http://dummies.book.cover.txt2pic.com/

Wow all of the online image generators have many endless possibilities. I enjoyed exploring and investigating through all of them but in the end used the Dummiecover and the comic strip maker. The comic strip maker could be used for students to share their version of story they read. This would allow them to use their creativity and change the ending to the story. I also like wordle which I have used before with my students. My students made one for our TAKS buddies with tons of words of encouragment. This is very simple and quick. I really like being able to use technology to make learning more fun, afterall technology is where it's at!

3 comments:

  1. Great creative ideas for use of comic strip generators and Wordle! At my school, we created Wordles and framed them for two teachers leaving the district. Each Wordle listed adjectives to describe the teacher, and they *loved* them.

    I have never thought of using words of encouragement in Wordles for TAKS buddies. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cube creation that you made in Dumpr. That site kept freezing when I visited it, but after seeing your creation I'll have to go back & try again! Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't these fun? I have used them over and over with the kids - such a fun way for them to show they learned what you taught. If you create a class blog you can post them. That way the parents with internet access can view their child's work.

    ReplyDelete