Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thing #12

This discovery took a lot more time than I expected. I learned the value of receiving a comment. Before I attempted this assignment I viewed my blog and was very excited that I had received two comments. It certainly gives value to your work when you know someone is reading your blog. It also helps you to reflect on your own thinking and allows you to better your work as well. I agree that it is important to be respectful of others and wise with your comments-Think before you respond is always good advice!

I enjoyed posting comments on other blogs as well. Here are the blogs I posted comments on :

Firefly Flight
Ladybug
360 again
Becoming Mary Poppins
Luka Blog walker

Here is another tip I learned today- When posting comments to a blog always open up the whole page. I posted many comments only to learn that I did not type in the code listed below post comment and therefore none of my comments posted. Needless to say I had to go back in a re-post all of my comments. Hope this helps!

The part I found a little more challenging was posting comments on other blog sites. I am a big Oprah fan so I commented on her blog 10 Ways to Be More Abundant in Life which related to spirit and self happiness. In our busy world its important to stay connected to what truly matters. I also viewed a blog title nicakellys. This blog really captured my attention as it was about a couple who decided to move to Nicaragua to start a school for an orphanage. Since I am going on my first mission to Costa Rica coincidentally also to help children who live at an orphanage this site captured my attention.

Whew this is done! How exciting!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typing in the "prove you a human" letters always drives me crazy! It's not to difficult on Blogger but I find the ones that Yahoo uses impossible for my 50+ year old eyes to deciper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious about the trip to Costa Rica. I am always looking for ways my students can help make a difference in the world. Is there something in particular that is needed? Is there a way to skype? Let me know if you are interested and maybe we can set up something up for this coming school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your detail in this section. The advice comes right on time for me.

    ReplyDelete