Friday, June 18, 2010

Thing #2-7 1/2 habits of highly effective people

After viewing the slide show of 7 1/2 habits of highly effective people the follwing are my thoughts:Which habit is the easiest to follow: Habit #1- Setting a Goal and Habit #2-Accepting responsibility for your own learning.
Which habit is the hardest: Habit #4-Have confidence in yourself as a competent effective learner. Setting a goal is always the easiest habit to do. I feel like I am a goal oriented person overall. I tend to set goals for myself even when the summer is here for me to complete at home. My husband always laughs at me because he says I act like I am in a race instead of relaxing. I immediatey create a list of "Things to do" and of course try to catch up on all of life's details, especially organizing. Its sad to say but if I am not working I feel like I am wasting time. This is truly rooted from my up bringing. My parents are a big influence in this area of my life. Sometimes this is good and sometimes it isn't. The last goal I set for myself was completing a marathon! Boy was that life changing! My next goal is to go on a mission which I will actually complete this July in Coast Rica. As for habit #4-having confidence in yourself, I truly struggle with this habit the most. Having confidence in myself and realizing that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to seems to take alot more work for me. Naturally, I feel that as I have become older I am able to realize that life is short and you have to go out and grab the gusto! When I am determined to do something I do it no matter how hard it is. Taking on the marathon challenge took alot of determination and focus, but I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment