Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thing #11 LibraryThing

Exploring through LibraryThing was eye opening. I had no idea this existed. What a great way to be able to search books of your interest and learn about other great titles that follow under the same genre. During my search I found myself thinking about my mother in law who is an avid reader. She would love this! I plan to share it with her and am hoping I will be able to teach her something new! This is especially great if you are wanting to read more books written by the same author to your students. I love Kevin Henkes and had fun searching through all the titles he has written. Searching through the various groups was a great way to be able to stay current on any given genre of your interest.

The only problem I had along the way was learning how to post my library to my blog. Here's a tip for anyone else who is having the same trouble- GO to LibraryThing and click on the tab more(on the far right top corner). Click on Make a standard blog widget.On the lower right hand side and HTML is listed for you to copy and paste on your blog. Now go to your blog and click on the design tab at the top. Then click on add a gadget which is located on top of about me. Then click HTML/Java script. Add your title and paste the HTML under content. Click save after pasting and after returning to your design page.View your blog and you should now see your library!

Happy searching!

3 comments:

  1. You're doing a fabulouse job!! Thanks for taking the time to post steps on how to add a library to a blog. You are definely a team player! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accidentally read your Thing 12 comment and realized I needed to know about how to post the Library Thing to my Blog. Thanks for this very useful tip!

    ReplyDelete